Pregnancy test!!

a friend just gave me 2 pregnancy tests and there both expired. if i take them will the result still be as acurate or is it just useless? either way my husband is going to buy one later on this week if i dont get my period. i was just wondeing about the expired pregnancy test. they both say Exp 10/2010. my guess says it wont work but my husband and friend say try it anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It will give you a false answer i would wait till your husband goes to buy you a new one i know you anxious to find out lol but i would wait and test with your first urine in the morning .Good Luck.
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• They still work, they just don't detect the hormone as well. They will probably come up looking negative if you don't have a strong enought hormone.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would use them but then I would get one that isn't expired. They are not as accurate once expired.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would try it
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• The only thing it can do it probably show a neg when it might be pos. You wont get a false pos.
    Anonymous

• PEE on the stick and tell us what it says
    mckeemama

Answer by mckeemama at 4:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Yeah, worst case scenario is a false negative....I'd still have hubby buy me a new one, but I'd use those, just in case. How late is AF?
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I think that you should get a new one that is not expired. THeirs an experation date on thier for a reason. You dont want it to gi ve you the wrong answer.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• well just for fun i took the expired test and it said neg. but well know the truth in a couple of days.my husband said hes not gunna buy the test if i get my period this week but if it skips it he will. lol. i kinda feel like i am pregnant though so idk.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• good luck!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011