Is the world ending in 2012?

so for some reason it scares me when people say this or even joke around by it because i dont really know if it'll happen and i cant imagine my kids not having a life.

so i wanna know...where did this start? how did it come about? who said it first and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Mayan calendar ends in 2012 and many thought thats when it would end, only to find out our own scientist used the wrong math or whatever when deciphering it lol. No one knows when the real 2012 is now.

Answer by gemgem at 3:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• We have been saying the world was going to end for awhile now. Nobody knows but God.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I think the Mayan said it first, but maybe the Hopi. Either way it was centuries ago.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Only God knows.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It scares me too. My children haven't lived long enough to already be seeing the end of the world. This is going around on facebook and it makes you wonder:

Sept 11th(NY) Jan11th(Haiti) and Mar 11th (Japan)...Luke 21:10-11==Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven." Jesus says, For behold I come quickly, (so...ask yourself are we ready?)
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• We have people telling us exact days when the world will end and it hasn't happened yet
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 4:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011