What do you think about 2 piece bikinis on little girls?

So i saw this in another group & wanted to know what other parents thought. Personally for me I would not let my little girls wear one. I'd rather them stick to a 1 piece to cover up their body. Just makes me uncomfortable them exposing that much.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 3:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• So far my DD has only worn one-piece suits. I am willing to buy her tankini style 2 pieces, but I do not like skimpy bikinis on anyone. We prefer more modest looks in our house and teaching modesty starts from the beginning.
    littleflower101

Answer by littleflower101 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My daughter has a few bathing suits, most of them one piece and two or three two piece. It doesn't bother me which one she wears, she looks like a cute little girl in all of them.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Since when is it appropriate to call someone a slut because of a bikini?

My daughters do have bikinis. It has nothing to do with looks - it's practical. Know those kids who have to pee every 15 minutes? Yeah, those are mine. No one enjoys spending 20 minutes peeling off a wet swimsuit and then desperately trying to cram your kiddo back into it.
    LadyMommaDukes

Answer by LadyMommaDukes at 4:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If your 4-year-old daughter is tall and thin you come to love bikinis and other 2-piece suits. They are on the only ones that fit! If we buy a one-piece that is long enough in the torso, it is so big around that it falls off the shoulders and hangs open under the arms and around the legs. Please consider that before you go rippin on us parents that "allow" bikinis. We don't have a choice.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 4:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No problem with them. My dd has 2-3 every summer and also 2-3 one pieces.

Answer by gemgem at 3:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• my 4 year old has a bikini, whats the big deal? id much rather see it on a body with nothing to see than on some slut at the beach revealing her cleavage and ass.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My girls are 3 years and almost 6 years. I think 2 pieces on little girls look so cute so of course my girls wear them although we don't go anywhere, but in our back yard. If we went to a public place then I would probably put them in a 1 piece because there are pervert out there and I wouldn't want some guy stairing at my girls, but we never been to a public place to swim we are in our backyard.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Cute on little girls. When they start to develop they should cover up a bit more.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

This is exactly how I feel. It makes more sense to me logically that an older child that has "matured" if you will should be covering up more.. and little girls who are nothing but arms & legs are more appropriate in them. seems to me if there's a pervert on the beach or at the pool he'd be looking at the 12 year old in a bikini before the 4 year old in a bikini.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My 4,5 and 1 year old all wear one, as will my 4 month old! It is cute, and if you are tha "uncomfortble" maybe your mind is the one in the wrong place.... LMAO people these days... iswear
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 15, 2011