What do you do to fight the Frump-a-dinka impulse?

I work from home...............I am not someone who wants to get up and "pretend" to get ready for work. I love the fact that I can commute from bed to couch and sit in my yoga pants all day - I find I'm just getting lazy about ever doing anything beyond a ponytail and mascara.

What do you do to fight your inner frump-a-dinka?

8Tinkerboo8

Asked by 8Tinkerboo8 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I'm the same way. I work at home part time and stay at home with the kiddo the rest of the time. I force myself to make plans so I'll put some jeans on and do my hair. Plans are usually like, go to storytime at the library, have a playdate, Take some cookies to the new neighbors, etc.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 3:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't fight it. As long as DH keeps telling me I am HOT no matter what I am wearing, I will keep wearing whatever I want. It's not Frump-a-dinka, it's my uniform. LOL
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 3:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• HA LOVE IT! DH still thinks I'm hot (although some days I look in the mirror and for the life of me don't know why) my daughter tells me I look like a bag lady some days - I must admit I DO revel in the crazy get ups sometimes. This weekend I had a bright green terry tube tunic on with black leggings, red & white striped socks - I looked like a christmas reject from the elf school for bad girls! HA HA
    8Tinkerboo8

Comment by 8Tinkerboo8 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• what i do is be ok with it , i do a double shift a day at home being a SAHM , i deserve to be comfotable
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Getting out of the house helps....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 5:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• throw out the yoga pants and find more stylist lounge pants.. they can still be stylist AND comfortable and practical, but if you have to run an errand you won't look so frumpy.. as for make up.. find a quick,just for home make up routine.. having a routine helps remind us to do things. same with your hair.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I don't fight it either. I wear what i feel most comfortable in. I am not trying to impress anyone.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2011