Boys WILL be boys, but I sometimes wonder..

It seems like they have it so easy. Most guys have a care-free attitude, they rarely get emotional (if they do, they have a great way of hiding it). I mean do guys really not care about the things we do? Why is it that we get so upset about things, but they seem to just go on about their lives like it's okay. I wish I could be like that. I know it's got to be that they just don't dwell like (some/most) women. It's tiring being emotional and because of their "male genetic makeup", they have it easy.

careph

Asked by careph at 3:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Just one of the many differences between male and female.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Careph, on the flip side they do have that Y Chromosome Defect that makes them stupid about too many things and often shortens their lives.

You will find as time goes on that you get less emotional about things as you figure out what really matters. 99 percent of the stuff I used to get emotional about in my 20s? Looks pretty stupid to me as I push 50! **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 3:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I've thought about this one a lot more than I care to admit. I'm beyond tired of how men seem to have it so much easier. I've seen my husband actually sit down and eat when we were in a very tough place, like it didn't matter to him at all that we were fighting, I was miserable and everything seemed to be going wrong. It's hard to imagine how in the world they can do that but they can.
    Anonymous

• I don't have much to say about this because my fiance is not like most men. He genuinly cares about the same things I do and his feelings get hurt like anyone elses. We also both work hard to financially care for our children as well as phsycially!! Good luck ladies on finding a good man:) They are out there.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My DH is always saying "I am not going to worry about things I can do nothing about".

Answer by louise2 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Guys "REALLY" do not care about the same things we do. Our brains are wired differently - period. Find a man that truly loves you and understands woman and how their brains work AND understand that guys really don't care that you had walnuts in your salad at lunch with your girlfriend and you will find bliss! HA HA
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• my husband could care less about the household things or if our son is cleaned up for school he tells me he cares about my feelings and wants to know what is going on when I am upset but when I tell him he just gets mad. my husband only cares about himself and when I'm going to feed him next and he gets pissy if he isn't allowed his freedom and he gets pissy if I'm not cooking
    Anonymous

• Oh, I don't know, my husband is actually more emotional than I am. I'm pretty much ruled by logic. Matter of fact, he is constantly comparing me to a robot. When I actually cried (I think I fell down the stairs and hurt my ankle), he said "oh no, we'll have to send you back to the factory, I think you sprung a leak, what's this moisture coming out of your eyes??" Heh....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• you just hit the nail on the head for me. That is why I don't have many female friends, they are pretty much all male.
    women are exhausting!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• twelve years, but I hope not at thirteen.
    tastymama

Answer by tastymama at 5:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011