Fresno mommies

My husband just recieved a job offer in Fresno California.. He hasen't accepted it yet just in the decision process now. We have been in the midwest all of our lives. Please give me some insight on California life.. The good the bad and the ugly..

Please don't hold back. I have three small children (9yrs,4yrs&3yrs)and cannot afford to make mistake.. A whole lot of nervous.. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• Get on the Internet and research the he'll out Fresno! When we were kids we always loved moving. As an adult I like moving to a new place but I don't like the "packing part!"
    karen020253

Answer by karen020253 at 2:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My Hubby's Cousin lives near Fresno. It's definitely a less expensive part of California. I live about 2 1/2 hours south of Fresno. I personally LOVE California. I don't know much else about it. I highly suggest looking into Megan's Law to look for any sex offendors once you think you have found a place to live. Hope this helps a bit.

Best Wishes!
    www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i live out here by fresno!! like a half hour away. okay, so here's the quick version- "california" has this big misunderstood representation of being like LA...that's simply not the case, you won't be going to the beach all year long up here in the bay area. BUT, it's wonderful- it's diverse though- so not sure what you're used to out in the midwest, but the bay area is diverse and quite liberal. fresno actually has a huge mandarin or maybe cantonese (sorry i'm niether so forget which one) community, there are A LOT of asians, some african americans, latinos, and many whites of course. i know a lot of people from there who said they couldn't wait to leave after high school though lol, not sure if there's a lot to do but the good thing is there are bigger cities around it where you can take the kiddos for fun and stuff. this is all pretty general, but it is one of the cheaper places to live out in this area. good luck!!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2011