Is Judd Gregg (R) right?

Prominent New Hampshire Republican Judd Gregg says that Sarah Palin just might have a clearer path to the Republican presidential nomination next year than commonly understood – an event he warns would lead to President Obama's clear reelection.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/14/palin-has-path-to-win-republican-warns/

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 3:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Great Question.
    Personally, I really wish the GOP would stop talking about Gingrich, Romney and Palin. She is proven to be very effective and influential, however her poll numbers are down. All 3 candidates have high negatives, and the GOP talk away from the media does not include any of the 3.
    I however do not believe Obama will win with gas prices, the ME turmoil, his nuclear vs fossil fuels stance and an UE rate over 8%, So that leaves in my mind Palin wining the general election if she makes it through the primaries. But IMO she's not the best candidate and needs to make a formal announcement soon that she is not running.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I dislike Mr Gregg, but that is because he was the type of senator that didn't listen to his constituents (myself being one of them). Being an independent I think he does have a point though. There are many voters who are "in the middle" looking for a liberal republican or a fiscally conservative democrat (both of which are hard to find), or some other combination of the parties. I think that many of those swing voters would choose Obama if faced with the choice.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 4:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Huh. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine stated his belief that Palin was a Karl Rove plant to make Jeb Bush look good.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I wonder if it really matters who runs against Obama. So many seem to think that leading is not his strong suit and that his will of what he wants for us is far more important than the wants and needs of the people. I know of many that voted for him and were happy he got in. Ask those same people now and their opinions are much different.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• We'll just have to wait and see...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't think about things that are not relevant. The way things are going in the White House Mickey Mouse will be able to win over Obama.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• By the time 2012 rolls around, any Republican will be electable compared to the boy-child currently holding that office.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 1:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2011