How do you season your spaghetti sauce?

How I do mine. Is I add a little salt while browning the meat. When the meat is done and I go and add the sauce I mix it with the meat and I then add some garlic powder and some crushed red pepper and some black pepper. How do you make yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I never add salt to anything premade (assuming you mean premade sauce). I put a bit more garlic. A can of diced tomatoes. Some basil & oregano.
    Anonymous

• I use the Ragu with parmesean and romano cheese in it. While the meat is browning, I add salt and pepper, onion salt, oregano and parmesean cheese. Then I add the sauce when browned and a little more parmesean.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I rarely use meat. Basil, minced garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and chopped onion, in tomato puree with some added water.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• if its pre-made pasta sauce.. i use nothing since all the seasonings are already there. my own sauce i make in the crockpot, with tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil, a bit of salt & pepper
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Brown my italian sausage and drain, add minced garlic, onion, sliced mushrooms and saute until softened. ^Transfer meat mix to the crockpot. I then add I large can stewed tomatoes, 1 sm can tomatoe paste and water. Salt, Pepper, Basil, oregano, fennel. Turnn it on low and let it simmer 5-6 hours.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• after browning the meat and adding the tomato sauce and paste, i use Italian seasoning, oregano, crushed red peppers, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and just a tiny bit of sugar (it just lets all the other seasonings blend together)
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 4:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I season my hamburger with garlic, salt and pepper, and a finely chopped onion. After I brown the meat I add my mother in laws canned tomatoes and season it will wildtree spaghetti blend. I let it come to a boil and then let it simmer for a bit to let all the seasonings mingle. So good! I serve it on top of angel hair spaghetti noodles, garlic toast, and a veggie :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Oops I don't put the spaghetti sauce on the garlic toast or veggie. Lol I typed that wrong.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• When I am using a jar I get the Rague chunky Garden Veggie and add 1 pound ground beef.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret recipe anymore. ;P lol. Bumping for you!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011