Kinda personal but kinda scared me...

Last night was the first time in 4wks and it felt weird. Like I couldnt enjoy it b/c it felt like he was pushing my uterus into my stomach. I am 12 wks preggo. It kinda scared me too, i know that it is safe to have sex while you are pregnant. Has this ever happened to anyone? Any suggestions to ease my mind where I can enjoy sex again??

Thank you
Shawna

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Was he actually hitting your cervix? If so you could try another position and see if that helps. Even if he wasn't you could try another position or two and see if you feel better that way. Experiment.

It's completely safe to have sex while pregnant and it's completely normal to be worried about it or to feel weird.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I think it's kinda strange that you are already feeling uncomfortable so early in your pregnancy. But everyone is different... I can let you know that rough sex or heat of the moment kind of sex is no longer enjoyable. You're body will never be the same. but What really helps and works, is to start off slow. Kinda like when you first started dating, and was learning about eachother's body. Plus it's a great technique to spark up the passion again after the baby is born. Dont think so much about how uncomfortable it is, just breath deep and relax.
    Maichao

Answer by Maichao at 10:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Don't feel bad. When I was pregnant with my son is was uncomfortable from the beginning of my pregnancy to the end. Also when we would have sex when we were done. I would vomit for whatever reason moving around just made me sick.
    Georgiagirl83

Answer by Georgiagirl83 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• You're OK... he can't squish the baby. It's normal to feel weird about it & for your body to have acted differently than usual. Try some different positions, don't be afraid to lube up & try to relax. It might not be as awesome as it was pre-pregnancy, but you can still enjoy it. :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It's safe to have sex when you're pregnant IF your doctor told you it was ok. I had issues and ended up in the office of a high risk specialist. He told me under no circumstances was I to have sex during pregnancy. Just to clear up the misconception that it's ok. As long as you had no bleeding or cramping up just try some different positions. If you're truly uncomfortable with it call it quits. You can enjoy being with your SO without actual intercourse.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2008