Anyone else RH -

HI i was wondering something. I had a misscarriage this summer at 5-6 weeks preggo, and my doctor said that i didnt need a rhogam shot, now i am 4 months preggo , the book what to expect while expecting says that you do need a rohgam shot if you misscarry, should i be worried that hte doctor was wrong and concerned about the well being of my baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would take the book with me next time i went it & ask =D
    sorry to hear about your loss
    congrats on the new little one
    hope this helps a little
    p.s
    i love that book =D
    TechnoBunny

Answer by TechnoBunny at 1:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• whats rhogam?
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I demanded the shot for my first pregnancy because I didn't want to take the risk. You do need to have the shot, tell the Dr. that you want to have it regardless of whether they think you need it or no.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:17 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I am RH- also. I had the Rhogam shot when I was 28 weeks pregnant with my first, but didn't need it again after I delivered him because his blood was also RH-. I was told that I will always need it whether I have an abortion, miscarriage, or I deliver a baby, unless my baby is also RH-. I would check back with your doctor, and if he still says no, ask him why you don't need it or ask for a second opinion on it. You should be getting it at 28 weeks anyways since you're pregnant again.
    Anonymous