If you work would you rather be a sahm?

Nitestalker

Asked by Nitestalker at 4:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Nope.
    Anonymous

• No, I wouldn't. Much as I love my son, I think having to be home with him 24/7 without any kind of adult interaction would drive me insane...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No. I get crabby when I am home all of the time.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• yes and no. I've done both and when I work I wanna be home and when I was home I wanted to work. So I work with days off. Best of both worlds.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 5:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No. I'd prefer to work just part time though as I do now instead of full time. That way I get the best of both worlds. I need to work to feel fullfilled.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would rather be a SAHM, although I hate the thought of no pay cheques... I find it very tough to work full-time and to try to organize and run a house - I was not cut out for it. If I could find a middle balance with something that would give me good pay I would love to be at home more....
    JusaLady

Answer by JusaLady at 5:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No, I don't think I would be very good at it. I think I am right where I need to be. I work full time and even though it is hard to manage sometimes, I think it is the best thing for my family. I earn more money at my job, so financially I need to work
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If you had asked me 3+ months ago, I'd have said yes, within limitations (I hated my job). But now, no (new job, I like it). I love my boy more than life itself, but I do need my time away from him. Financially it's also better that I work. DH is out of a job and it's really hard to support my family on my paycheck alone (I'm not on PA though I was for 3 months).

I'm on vacation from work this week, and I'm enjoying myself, but I could not do this on a permanent basis.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• no, i would prefer part-time though....
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My son goes to kindergarden this fall. I would love to have the summer with him, but it is my biggest money season (work for a pool installer). So it feathers our nest through the winter months. I know how fast time goes...my oldest is 25, but I do know the importance of some adult interaction to keep you sane. I think part time work for moms is a wonderful idea.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:30 AM on Mar. 15, 2011