Earthquake caused by global warming!!!???

It didn't take but a few minutes, but now the earthquake and resulting tsunami was caused by global warming.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/20110311/pl_dailycaller/somerespondtojapanearthquakebypointingtoglobalwarming

“Some islands affected by climate change have been hit,” said Nilsson. “Has not the time come to demonstrate on solidarity — not least solidarity in combating and adapting to climate change and global warming?”

“Mother Nature has again given us a sign that that is what we need to do,” he added.

Mother Nature has given us a sign......of what? What say you?

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If I can get knocked up by Global Warming, I'm in a heap of trouble.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My electric fence came down from global warming, I got this big sliver hauling in wood because of it. My dog killed a turkey because of it. My hair won't spike well today because of it. I think just about anything that goes wrong is because of Global warming.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I dont buy it. Its because of tectonic plates shifting under the earth and the earth is and has been since the beginning, that is what causes earthquakes. Tsunami's have also been something that happens when an earthquake happens in the ocean.

Answer by gemgem at 5:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My dog is shaking like a leaf and may barf later...it has nothing to do with the noise from the nail gun being used to install my new baseboards....I am certain it is global warming....
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I say this isn't the first time any of this has happened, and it wont be the last. Did you know that some of the deadliest earthquakes happened in like the year 1090?
    Anonymous

• Are they sure it's not George Bush's fault? Or maybe Sarah Palin?

Has to be. Don't you know they are in collusion for ALL the world's disasters, manmade or otherwise?
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 5:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I say bs.
    We've always had warming and cooling trends on earth and quakes hit ever couple hundred years (big ones). If you go to the USGS, you'll see quake are always happening, the difference is how deep it is in the earth's core and a tsunami is a natural result of the plates submerging, rolling, generally moving. This has always been.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Never let a good crisis go to waste...

I agree with this>>> “Global warming alarmists will exploit any natural disaster to promote their anti-fossil fuel agenda,” Tom Borelli of the Free Enterprise Project told The Daily Caller, adding that the climate change reaction is a result of the “global warming spin machine.”

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 5:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I heard on the radio today this same region had a huge earthquake back in 1896. If that wasn't bad enough they had a typhoon on the same day in the southern region. And then 1 or more tidal waves.

Global warming my butt!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 5:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011