Everytime i go into the room where my tween is she walks out?

is this just a phase? i know she got upset with me for telling her that she has chores to be done, but i also told her sister the same thing and she was like ok mom. i cannot remember if i used to go away from my mom a lot as a tween. she did not give me a attitude about chores but i could tell she was not happy. living room,kitchen etc.

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Has this just been a one day thing so far? Or has it been going on for a few days? If its just been today, I would ignore her, she is probably just being moody about the chores thing, I did this as a tween/teen often! But, if it continues to happen, definatly talk to her about it. Maybe she is angry or upset about something else. Or maybe she is just mad about the chores, and you need to let her know that her behavior is hurtful to you, and that she needs to accept that as being a part of your family chores will be something that she needs to do, so she better get over it! Good luck!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 5:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Maybe shes mad about more? Mine havent done that to me before until they got to be teens LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 5:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My 18 year old turned 11 and became an alien - she still isn't back to earth yet but I have hope. Some kids go through a short phase, some (like mine) seem to go on and on. My daughter said she gets tired of me nagging her to do chores (so just do them then without me asking 5 time - I reply with a smile on my face) so we decided to get a white board where I would write her chores on a daily basis on it so she could see what she needed to do and that kept me from having to tell her. I could suggest that to you - maybe she'll feel less nagged. That helped us for a time during her tween years. Good luck.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It is probably a phase. My dd now that you mention it had my mom and followed her around at around 11 and was a little moodier towards me. Plus if shes been sick, I dont know about you but I get cranky.

Answer by gemgem at 5:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My boys both did this but not with me, with Dad. My youngest acted like he couldn't even stand his own father for a while. It went on until I jacked him up because he was being disrtespectful. In hindsight...it was because they are exactly a like but couldn't see it then.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't know gemgem i know she is sick to so she could be moody and i do know she has hit puberty to. shrugs. My mom lives with us and she follows her around lol. She has always been close to my mom. now three days ago she was like mom,mom,mom. i guess it is a phase. but i do not know
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i have a chore chart but she does not even bother to look at it :(
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2011