Mucus plug

i think im losing my mucus plug in pieces tho and the mucus had some blood in it too. and im having very bad like period cramps that make my stomach harden. and im 36 weeks today. i was wondering how long will it take for my water to break after i losse my mucus plug??

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't lose any plugs till I was in full blown labor and my contractions came hard long before my water broke....I have 4 boys =)
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 5:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It depends on the person and pregnancy, my water never broke on it's own the Dr had to do it. You could be very close to full on labor or days away, it depends on you, your body and the baby. If the contractions are super close I wouldn't worry about the water and head in to the hospital.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It may not break. Give ur ob a call and let them know what is going on. Time your contractions so you can give them that info. 36 weeks is still considered pre term so they will want to know. Good luck mama!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It's different for everyone....I saw NO sign of my mucus plug....but my water broke with a HUGE splash. o.O
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It's different for everyone. I never saw my mucus plug. Must have come out while I was using the bathroom during labor. My water never broke and my son was actually born in the caul. (amniotic sac intact around him)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It is different not only for everyone, but for each pregnancy.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I've heard it can be 2 days to 2 months
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2011