I need to know a brand name that makes NON IODIZED SALT!!

I am looking for a brand name that makes non iodized salt. I live in Canada and it is illegal to sell non iodized salt. I need to go on a no iodine diet soon and my dad is in Florida visiting, he is looking for the salt for me and has no clue. People are pointing him towards sea salt which contains natural iodine so I cant use it. I just need a brand name so I can call him and he has a better idea of what he is going for. PLEASE HELP!!

BluEyedCrazy

Asked by BluEyedCrazy at 5:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Morton
    LisaAnn069

Answer by LisaAnn069 at 6:47 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Morton
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 5:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Look for Kosher Salt....no additives. Diamond Crystal Brand sells it, so does Morton. Both are a coarser salt that traditional table salt but not a coarse usually as sea salt.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Morton makes non iodized,
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Is that sea salt though?
    BluEyedCrazy

Comment by BluEyedCrazy (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Kosher
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 5:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I have had my thyroid removed due to cancer I am to go on a no iodine diet in order to receive my radiation, so all in all that was very unhelpful!!
    BluEyedCrazy

Comment by BluEyedCrazy (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Sea salt and table salt have the same basic nutritional value — both mostly consist of two minerals — sodium and chloride. However, sea salt is often marketed as a more natural and healthy alternative. The real differences between sea salt and table salt are in their taste, texture and processing, not their chemical makeup.

By weight, sea salt and table salt contain about the same amount of sodium chloride. Your body needs only a couple hundred milligrams (mg) a day to stay healthy, but most people get far too much — mostly from sodium in processed foods. So regardless of which type of salt you prefer, keep sodium consumption between 1,500 and 2,300 mg of sodium a day if you're a healthy adult. People with high blood pressure, African-Americans and anyone middle-aged or older should aim for the low end of that range.
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 5:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• have you checked the health food stores?
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It is ILLEGAL to sell it in Canada, I have tried no where here because it is not allowed to be sold here.
    BluEyedCrazy

Comment by BluEyedCrazy (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2011