I need to know a brand name that makes NON IODIZED SALT!!

I am looking for a brand name that makes non iodized salt. I live in Canada and it is illegal to sell non iodized salt. I need to go on a no iodine diet soon and my dad is in Florida visiting, he is looking for the salt for me and has no clue. People are pointing him towards sea salt which contains natural iodine so I cant use it. I just need a brand name so I can call him and he has a better idea of what he is going for. PLEASE HELP!!

BluEyedCrazy

Asked by BluEyedCrazy at 5:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Health

• Check Americanspice.com. I noticed they had a good selection.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Morton's

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Non-iodized salt (which is all I use) must be sold in the US with the label clearly stating that it "Contains No Iodine". ALL brands must carry that label, and it is usually sold as 'Plain Salt' opposed to 'Iodized Salt'.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• can't you just google Non iodized salt & find some website or store that sells it?
    Anonymous

• If only it was that easy. I have tried and failed!!
    BluEyedCrazy

Comment by BluEyedCrazy (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Almost all brands have it. Even the store's brand. He just needs to go to the baking aisle and should be able to find several. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011