So how long do you think it will take for the news to lose interest in Japan?

Does anyone else hate how they hype an event up and then we don't even hear what's going on after the hype? It's annoying as all hell.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 5:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Well it's horrible. My SIL has family there. Her uncle is missing.
    Anonymous

• What is even going on with the shooter from Arizona? Do they even care about that?
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• This is very mean. As annoying as it is to you, I'm sure it's WAY more annoying to those who have lost loved ones and all of their belongings. Were you annoyed by Katrina as well?
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't think that's what she meant. I think she is complaining about how an event is hyped for two, three, four days, and then the news media loses interest in it . . . but the story still goes on. In the case of Japan, the media will probably lose interest in about a week or two (unless there is a nuclear meltdown); however, there will still be people missing and dead, and it will take a LONG time for their economy to recover.

Think about it: when was the last news report on Haiti, and when was the last time you heard anything about New Zealand's earthquake?
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 5:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Well the shooters in jail where he should be.
    Anonymous

• It's not mean it's how the news is.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Do people actually believe that New Orleans and all the places effected by Hurricane Katrina have fully recovered? It hasn't. There are still people there wandering around homeless, wondering when they're gonna find a home or get their home back. But the news isn't talking about it cause they only care about ratings. I care about the events themselves, but the news does not.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't know... But, IMO~ some in the news and some on here (CM) seem to be eagerly waiting for a disaster larger than Chernobyl to occur so they can feed off of the crisis and possibly serve an ulterior agenda....... It's sickening.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I know what you mean. We will hear about it heavily for a week or two and then nothing. The people who live in the disaster do not get to turn off their tv and walk away like we do. They are living it and will be living it for quite some time.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 6:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

***
    Agreed!! Some people lead a very sad existence!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2011