Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will a bank statement or a college bill count for proof of residency?

I'm registering my daughter for school and the want proof of residency but i dont pay utilities at moms and they pay my cell phone bill on their plan so will my school statament or my bank of america statament work?


Asked by mommy492006 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in

Level 5 (59 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • As a school counselor, we typically require utility bill such as light, gas, water, lease agreement or mortgage statement as poof of residence. You should contact the school's registrar and ask before going in to do the registration. Some districts are very strict.

    Answer by Crimsonpope31 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

  • If they use the same guidelines that they require for purchasing a gun in Cali - nope those will not work.
    Our state won't take bank statements or school statements. But they'll take utilities (no more than 90 days old), lease agreements (You could do a lease agreement with your parents using a form found online or in an office supply store - the amount of the lease doesn't matter), deeds, and these all have to match your DL address.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • When I still lived with my mom and had to enroll my son in school, I took in the utlity bill and a letter from her stating that we were living with her. They accepted it just fine. If nothing else, call the school and double check.

    Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • thanks ladies i went and they took my bank statement

    Comment by mommy492006 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2011