As you all may know

I have four kids a one one the way. I Love them to death. I live for them and I would die or them. But am I the only one who feels that they are not aprechiated by the kids.

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• no, you're not the only one. but that's part of being a parent.
    lizdixson

Answer by lizdixson at 6:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Oh my....I know that feeling! I have 4 boys and some days we have to have a "sit down" to go over what I will and will not tolerate!! I will say that for the most part my kids are very well behaved. But we do have days when I will clean and they will destroy and I get very mad, and they don't care how long or how hard I worked to get things done.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Then don't have so many.
    Anonymous

• Everyone has to go through that at least once.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 6:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Its called being parent. They wont appreciate at until they have their own kids.

Answer by gemgem at 6:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Sure. Most parents do at different points. My four year old told me I was not a good mommy because he was upset. This was directly after I took him to see a children's play, bought him a treat, and was cooking dinner. I have to admit I was stung. But my response was: sorry you feel that way. You have a right to your opinions. I left it at that. In my four year old's eyes I could never do enough for him. And that goes with his age. Is he being a brat? No. He's being four. Kudos fir him trying to guilt me - it means he is learning and practicing the art of guilt recently being fine tuned in a new way. I don't allow the thoughts to stay but of course the intial thought I have is not nice. Know your kids are normal and as they grow they will take you for granted and eventually appreciate your time, love, and multiude of gifts.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I can't tell you how many times I have called my parents to thank them for not killing me! Now that I have my own kids I can't believe the stuff they put up with! I agree with gemgem, they won't understand till they have their own..and then they will call you and apologize and say "Thanks for being such a great mom".
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 6:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It seems that when kids are older they finally understand and appreciate the things that you do. Young children are pretty self centered creatures and pretty much expect to get time and attention. The day when you get the "appreciated" comment will be a special day (not that everyday isn't special in its own way!). You sound like such a loving mom! It does come back to you in words eventually!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 6:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I agree, I didn't appreciate my parents until I was older and now have my own daughter. Then I could understand all the sacrifices they made, etc.
    dakotafriend

Answer by dakotafriend at 6:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Thanks guys. well at least i know im not the only one that feels this way. And as far as you @anom my kids are well taken care of and i could have 60 if i wanted to.
    BUTTERFLY463

Comment by BUTTERFLY463 (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2011