In need of Christian advice...

I love God and am a christian who prays and is in the word daily. lately i have struggled with feeling like God is out to get me... i know that sounds wierd but i'm constantly feel as if im always sinning and how do i deserve anything good. i feel totally overwhelemed reading the bible because it magnifies these feeling ten fold. i know this isn't from God. I just can't seem to get a grip... i pray about it and i just feel guilty that im not doing enough for God. I have a family and school and i feel bad because i feel like i'm fulfilling my needs and not Gods's. I know it sounds like i'm crazy but it is a true struggle for me right now. any advice and plz only helpful and caring advice. I have no room for any negativity.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• You know what I am sure that God know that you have a full plate right now. He knows you love him! He also knows that you are a very busy person and yet you have found the time to go and talk to him, amazing! Don't let all of this get you down, if anyone knows how much you are going through right now, it is God! Remember at this time of your life he is trying to carry you through. So, don't feel so down on yourself! You are doing the right thing, but don't let Satan try you in these times cause right now would be the time for him to hit on you, remember keep talking to God, YOU WILL BE OK!!!!!!!!!!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 1:19 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i know how u feel, i have felt like that also, felt like god was out to get me, all the sudden all these horrible horrible things kept happening to me, my parents taken from me 10 months apart, and so on, idk why, and i also feel like bad things happen to good people, and that most "bad" people just get away with it. im sorry i dont have any advice cause i feel the same way. i just keep him in my heart and hope things will get better one day. btw, if u need to talk pm me.
    SHADYZGIRL1983

Answer by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 1:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Please don't doubt God whatever he says he will do, Don't doubt when you pray and don't doubt when you read, Praise the Lord in spirit and in truth,do not fear of any bad things cause God don't give the spirit of fear just because God don't answer you right away doesn't mean he is out to get you.Cause God can be sit tin back watching you. How can you be tested without a test? Just life job was tested. When you get time read the book of job if you haven't already read it. Job praised the Lord in Good times and In bad times and in hard times it seemed like Job could not hear from the Lord But the Lord seen Job. And job stood faithful with God.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• cont........... When God speak to Job and when he didn't speak to him. Again I tell you how can you be tested without a test? Walk by faith and not by sight. Put God first in everything you can't make God even with anything he has to come first., God loves you and ask your self the question what would Jesus do. Love ya in Christ. Proverbs 1- 7 read this... Message me anytime

hinson7169

• From my own experiences I can relate to you. There have been times in my life I have felt abandoned by Him. It was only when I came to realize that God is always there, we just manage to lose ourselves in our grief or pain so much that we fail to acknowledge His presence. As for the constantly sinning, well if we were all to be honest, we are constantly sinning whether it's in thought or deed. The main thing is to realize that we are only human, we can try to be sin free, but I doubt that any of us will attain that status. As long as you keep Him in your heart and go about your day living your life trying to be as good a person as possible, trying to emulate His Son's example to the best of your ability, your fine.

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 2:00 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i think we all feel that way at some point in time. we go through seasons in life, and we are also in different seasons spiritually. i had a hard time not being in the season "i thought" i should be in. but i had to realize that what im doing-being a sahm, raising 4 kids, being busy with just life in general, is right where God wants me to be right now. i think we go through a time of not feeling we are doing enough for the kingdom, and that is where the guilt comes from. you said you knew the guilt wasnt from God-thats a great start, is realizing your enemy! just remember that satan will try anything and give you different emotions to try to pull you away from the will of God in your life. to keep you from being content, feeling joy, and to keep you thinking your "never enough" in the eyes of God...
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:54 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You're right, none of it is from God. The truth is there is nothing we can do to make God love us any more or less than He already does. The enemy is attacking your mind, and you need to fight back! (Phillipians 4:8; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5; Ephesians 6:10-18)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• god knows you can't be perfect but through him he can make you be more like him but you need to stop letting the adversary put things into your head that make it seem like what god expects is to much. it's not god putting these ideas in your head. sometimes satan works harder on people when they are strong and he is trying to bring them down. he is trying to do that cause you have always had a strong faith in your god. if he had you in his grips he would not try so hard.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• That's right you have to know God's word so that you can fight against the devil full force. Also, if you are feeling overwhelmed with all of things going on in your life, continue praying and just being real with God. Tell Him how you are feeling and ask Him to show you what to do about it. His word says to put Him first before all things. It doesn't say that just b/c we are christians that the road is going to be easy, but He will never leave you and He will never allow anything to be put on you that you can't handle. Maybe you are trying to do too much at once, ask God to show you if there are things in your life you need to put on hold.
    T.C.38

Answer by T.C.38 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i am not a christian, so feel free to ignore my response. my suggestion is to pray to God to relieve your anxiety. follow through by doing what you know is right and have faith that God will see you through it. God helps those who help themselves.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2008