Driveway Problem??? Help!!! adult content

We have a shared driveway. We have a big sink hole close to the middle of the driveway. There is water at the bottom of it. Who would we call to get it fixed. The whole driveway is a piece of shit!!! It is all falling apart!! But,our neighbor would have to pay half because it is a shared driveway. Would homeowners insurance cover this? We have Allstate. Right now there is a piece of plywood over the hole,but it looks like it got bigger!!! The neighbor had a crappy car that does not run over by it and I looked at it today and it looks like the hole got bigger!!! When it first started to cave in,I almost fell through it!!! Help!!! Please!!!

dancer

Asked by dancer at 6:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You can have someone pack it with asphalt chips for a fairly minimal price. Good luck!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 6:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• is it concrete? I'd fill it with gravel for now and then just do a ready mix concrete patch over it....I doubt homeowners would cover that but you could check

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Home owners insurance def will not cover something that just needs up keep. You should take care of it every year to keep up on it. I would call a paving company to come look at it. They can fix it. But you HAVE to ok it with the neighbors before you even touch it. Because they will not be responsible if they didnt agree.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would definitely need something in writing. We have already been told that it would be torn up. That is the only way to fix it.
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• This question surely deserves a bump....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• The best thing to do is contact your insurance to ask the necessary questions. And yes your neighbor need to pay half, weather to you or the insurance.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 11:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• AnuMeha thanks for the bump!!!! Thank u al for your answers!!!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 8:20 AM on Mar. 15, 2011