Will I ever Love working out, or will it always be another chore?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I love working out...such a rush! I haven't worked out in 5 days and I'm going stir crazy. I'm sick though and rather rest and recover than to start back up and prolong my illness.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You will until you find something you really enjoy doing regardless of whether it's a work out or not. If it bores you, try something else, and think outside the box. Did you do sports in school? Look for adult soccer or basketball or softball leagues. Try different classes at your local Y until you hit one that doesn't annoy you. Working out doesn't have to revolve around some piece of equipment at a gym or a video on your tv. Maybe you'd rather do something with your kids - a lot of martial arts places have parent and child classes.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Find what you love. You don't have to slave away on gym machines to get a good workout. There's a fantastic running community out there and a great cycling community. Take up tennis or soccer or softball. Find something active that you LOVE. You know what will happen? You'll want to get better at your sport so you'll take up strength training and other training to get better. I was getting bored with my gym workouts after having lost 40lbs and was starting to slip, then I found running and a great group to run with. Lost 25 more pounds and became more consistent in strength because a strong body makes a faster, stronger runner and I am in the best shape of my life. I wouldn't be this way if I hadn't found a sport to be passionate about.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I hated working out until I joined the gym. Now I love it. It's so nice to go to the gym and get away from lifes little bothers :)
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• For some people, it is always a chore; for others, an addiction; and some do love it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I want to love it, I hate it the whole time I am doing it. It probably makes it that much worse that I am just counting the min until I am done.
    Bubbie0809

Comment by Bubbie0809 (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Don't count the minutes til you are done. Think of the food you can have because you have worked out. Think of the clothes you'll be about to fit into, think of the grand children you will be healthy enough to be around for, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Bring a book to read, your iPod, watch the tv there, talk to someone else. If you can afford it, hire a trainer. The time goes by a lot faster and he helps me get in a lot more than I would by myself in the same amount of time. Plus he knows how to help me mix it up.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I'd keep trying other machines, or dvd's or walking/jogging, swimming, etc until you found something you do love. I don't see working out as a chore at all, it's fun, it's me time and first thing in the morning it's what I crave more than coffee
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Some people get to where they love it.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011