How do I make my fiancees 13 year old daughter stop being so horriable to me?

Hi I have tried so many other websites and books I just dont know what to do anymore. Me and my fiancee have been together for almost two years and in that time his daughter has made my life a living hell. She lies and steals from me all the time and its drives me crazy. When Im around her it makes me angry and depressed all at the same time. In turn me and my fiancees relationship has down hill even as far as me stopping the wedding plans. I really dont know what to do. Please if anyone has any advice I would be more the happy to hear it. thank you

creilly22

Asked by creilly22 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I dont know what to tell you. Alot of kids dont like their steps, but some just dont show it outwardly. She is. I would talk to him and see how he plans to handle the situation since it is his dd and tell him how you feel. If you dont like her now, it will only get worse later, and he will not choose you over her in the end. You will need to decide if you want to continue with the relationship or cut and run.

Answer by gemgem at 6:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• have you tried to connect with her at all? What is she into? Try to show her you are a person with feelings, not just "the other woman trying to ruin my life"...
    When she steals or whatever. dont just let dad deal with it... Ask her why she would do it. and let her know ur just not going to run away. You love her dad & you love her too & you would much rather her ask to borrow than steal!
    what is the mom doing in all this? If mom dislikes you, daughter will most likely feel the same... So alot could depend on mom- if somehow she can be a positive person in this, maybe daughter will change her attitude. Every child wants their parents together.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• so the wedding plans have stopped? you gave her what she wanted didn't you?
    you can't change her, and you can't make her feel other than what she feels.
    I assume she doesn't live with you, so if she is stealing from you when she is over, I suggest you lock things up.
    If she lies, then realize that she lies and don't base things on what she says.

I'd like to see a repost on this and see what your fiance has to say, and what the girl has to say.

but if you can't handle this, then maybe the wedding should be off.
    look to the old saying,
    if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!
    Anonymous

• The child's parents need to handle this, though the three of you could certainly benefit from family therapy

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• There's no "Step-Mother of the Year Award," so quit trying to get one. Treat her like any other thief and call the cops! If she can't follow the rules of your household (as set by you and your SO), then she can't come into your house.
    Anonymous