Did i really just do that?!

I was getting my water ready to boil noodles and began to add what I thought was salt to the water. It was stinkin' pepper! Ugh start all over again, lol. Anyone make any stupid mistakes while cooking?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Well, we had beef and noodles once...or should I say beef and noodles and winterfresh. I am assuming the kids dropped some gum in the dry noodles and I didn't notice until I had stringy gum coming up on the spoon. LOL!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Yes all the time, Ive added sugar, spices, its crazy but i guess thats what happens when we have more then one thing on our minds all at once..its something to laugh about sitting at the table.
    mom_ftrr4

Answer by mom_ftrr4 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• One time when I wasn't feeling well I added OJ instead of milk to my cereal....that made for an interesting/disgusting first spoonful...............still not sure how I did that. lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I was making my ex's lunch early one morning (i mean early like 4 am) and put miracle whip on his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He bit into it at work and freaked out. His co workers got a good laugh out of it.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Oh, and this one still makes me laugh even though it wasn't really an "accident", just when I was still a little new around a kitchen. I baked a strawberry pie. Turns out, I was only supposed to bake the crust. LOL! When I pulled it out, all I could see were these white berries floating in strawberry "water". I sat it on the counter and LP thought he was obligated to eat it (when he still cared about offending me LOL). It wasn't until a week later he told me my strawberry pie "wasn't very good" LOL No crap!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I added salt to my coffee this morning... "I'm losing my mind I swear, but I don't care."
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• was about to boil noodles that had rat poop in it...thank goodness things like that boil and float!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I've been distracted & forgotten to add eggs to a recipe once. Made for some very flat cookies...lol
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• LMAO texasgurl! That is so funny. Something I could see myself doing! My husband probably would have ate it anyways and asked me later what I did different. He tries to be sweet about my mess ups, which is a good thing.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011