Proud of dd (stood up to her bully lol)

Well last week dd let me know this little girl she doesnt know was calling her mean and ugly and was sticking her tongue out at my dd. My dd is 6 and in kinder so for her this was a big deal, she didnt know why this girl was saying it? She said mom I dont know her and I am not mean to her because I dont know her. This girl is in her best friend Tatiana's class room so she knows she is in there. I told her to ignore the girl and play with Tati and if the girl keeps on we can get her name and tell her teacher or the principle. She said ok mom, I am going to find out her name and if shes mean again I am going to tell you.

So today I pick dd up and she comes out and shes looking around (I think looking for me) but no she was looking for this girl. The girl had run up ahead and she got me by the hand and said come on mom! I went with her she said Thats her! Thats that mean girl! She was mean to me AGAIN today mom. I look over at the girl and shes sticking her tongue out at me! The other parents were like omg lol. So we went back in and told the vice principle and my dd was very honest with the vice principle and told her all about it and how she chased her outside and she stuck her tongue out. The vice asked her if she would come in the morning so they can go to the office and she can point out the girl. My dd said yes I will!
I am so proud of her. She didnt cower or get scared of her bully, she ran after her and made sure I knew (and everyone else lol) that she was mean.

Asked by gemgem at 6:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• GOOD FOR HER!!!! Most bullies are like roaches...if you turn the light on or point THEM out they are not so tough....
    Donnaleapinky

Answer by Donnaleapinky at 6:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Good for her! It's so important that kids learn how to stand up to others at a young age..that way it doesn't get worse, either with the same kid, or any others in the future. I wish I had your daughter's strength when I was her age, and a little older.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I'm happy your daughter isn't scared.I hope you haven't called her that to your daughter. Maybe it's something they could use as a lesson to work things out, instead of one child being demonized and the other victimized? I'm just being honest here. I think the term bully being used on a six year old child for sticking their tongue out and name calling is a little harsh. I know tons of 6 year olds that do that. And comparing someone's child to roaches?! Really!!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Good for her!! I'm proud of her! I know u r!!! I am glad she had the courage to stand up for herself!!! Let me know what happens! Message me o.k!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I didn't say it was acceptable. Never said it shouldn't be addressed either. But that's not bullying. I know what bullying is. You can't control or protect your child everytime a kid is mean. Sometimes we just have to give them the tools to manage when it does happen. Calling a child a bully, isn't any better, it's namecalling...by an adult...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Good for her. If children were just as brave as she was, I think bullying could be cut down.

BUT the litte girl is probably bullying you dd because she is being bullied at home. I hope the vp can help find a solution!!!

= )
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I know I was so proud. I told her that too. I had told her if she thinks youre scared she will keep doing it.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• aww thats a good thing she stood up for her self. my 8yr old had a bully at school (a little boy) he called her mean names and pushed her around. one day i get this phone call, she done pushed the boy up against the wall by his neck screaming stop pushing me down. i have no idea where she seen this or what pushed her to the point of doing this. i had to explain to her that was wrong. she cried for hours because she told the teachers but they didnt do anything, sometimes i think schools can do more then what they do.
    mom_ftrr4

Answer by mom_ftrr4 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Sorry but they are kinda like that. They will keep bullying until they get exposed and maybe you dont think what this girl was doing was wrong, but I do. I dont find that behavior acceptable in any of my children and would want to know they were doing it.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011