Is it wrong??

Do you think it is wrong to start dating someone new before your divorce is final?

logansmommy711

Asked by logansmommy711 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• considering how complicated divorces can be, and how long they can take, I don't think that it's essential to wait for the final paper.
    if one person is out of the house, and it's established that they are no longer together, than I think it's acceptable.
    but I guess it depends mostly on what a person is comfortable with.
    what I find unacceptable is if someone starts sneaking around before they are out of the house.
    can't say I support that at all.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I feel it is. I also feel I would be setting a poor example for my children.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Not really, no. My divorce took a year to finalize, but as far as I was concerned, I was single from the day I filed for divorce...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Not if you both know the relationship is over and you are living separately. As far as a bad example to children, kids shouldn't be meeting dates in early stages of relationships anyway so this is of no consequence. Enjoy your life!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Nope. My ex and I split and he moved in with his mistress, got her pregnant and that was that. I didnt see the point of waiting around for our divorce to be final. In NC you have to be seperated a year before u can even file.

Answer by gemgem at 6:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Personally, yes I do.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Not at all!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 6:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Yes, I kind of think that it is...legally your still married so I think that you should honor that marriage until your divorce is finalized...that's just my opinion though
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No, I met someone (the man I'm with now) and would have missed a great guy if I had said no when he asked me out. I almost did but thought twice and met him for a drink and been with him ever since. I know people say divorce wasn't completely final but I was already moved on and we were legally separated and lived in different states. Most importantly, I never brought him around my son at all until we knew we were trying to build a future and were exlcusive to each other.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 6:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I dont see anything wrong with it like gemgem said here in nc we have to be seperated for 1 yr then we get to file. as far as the kids, its always best to wait to let them meet the new one but sit them down and explain things is not there fault and that things happen for a reason try to help them understand that you will no longer be with your husband and a few things will change. try to see things from there point of view. good luck..
    mom_ftrr4

Answer by mom_ftrr4 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2011