Why is it in the animal kingdom, the male of the species is the one who has all the decorations to attract a female but with humans it's the opposite?

Why do the human women have to shave, pluck, paint and adorn to attract a male and female animals are the ones who are plain and the males have to work at being cute and sexy?

Asked by IhartU at 6:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• In nature it is a survival thing. The females are dull and obscure as a way to blend in with their surroundings and protect the most cases. We are pretty much at the top of the food worries about having to hide our young. We get all pretty to catch the strongest males...the best providers and protectors, the best candidate for reproducing with.

Answer by salexander at 9:45 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Cause animals are smarter than us and don't fall for men's stupidity and the male animal has to work harder than men do! HAHA!

Answer by rio_burb at 6:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If I believed in God, I'd say it was because he had a sick sense of humor, heh. But since I don't, I really don't know, because life's a bitch that way? :P

Answer by Anouck at 6:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Well actually I think its the same lol. If we didnt have the smarts to make ourselves look prettier the men might be better looking then us.

Answer by gemgem at 6:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I agree with rio

Answer by horsesteelers at 9:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2011