Anyone know the marriage laws in the state of FL??? Please i need advice.

Im 17 and my bf 19 we wanna get married. Whats the laws for a 17 and an 19yr old getting married? i am expecting but we dont wanna use that as the reason so what are the laws if im not pregnant and what the laws if i am? i really appreciate any answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• http://www.clerkofcourts.cc/pages/marriage_licenses.htm

Answer by admckenzie at 6:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Requirements for Minors 16 or 17 years old (one or both applicants) (f.s. 741.0405(1))All of the following are required:
    One of the forms of identification listed above;Certified copy of Minor's birth certificate showing parent's names; and
    A parental consent form may be obtained at the time of application. Both parents/legal guardians must be present with their own identification on hand. If one parent is deceased, a certified copy of the death certificate must be presented, and the surviving parent must be present with his/her own identification. If a legal guardian has been appointed, a court certified copy must be presented.
    Exceptions will be if the parents are divorced and one parent has sole legal custody of the minor child. In this case, a court certified copy of the custody document must be presented and only the consent of the custodial parent will be required. If both parents are deceased, and a guardian has not be

Answer by admckenzie at 6:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• it keeps cutting me off but both requirements without parental consent require a judicial review. The link in the first post is where I'm getting the info

• part 2: Exceptions will be if the parents are divorced and one parent has sole legal custody of the minor child. In this case, a court certified copy of the custody document must be presented and only the consent of the custodial parent will be required. If both parents are deceased, and a guardian has not been appointed by the court, the minor must present certified copies of both death certificates.
    If full parental consent is unobtainable, judicial review is mandatory.
    Any application may be submitted for judicial review.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Thank you sooo much. This really helped.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• idk if the laws are the same but here in nebraska you have to be 19 to get married without your parents signing even if you are expecting. I tried but my mom wouldn't budge. heck i couldnt even open my sons bank account without her signing because i wasnt 19 yet
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You are 17 years old. I know you are expecting but don't jump into that. I got married at 18 and wish I hadn't of even tho we have a baby together. You can call the courthouse in your area and they can tell you but take my advice and slow down.
    Anonymous