Did you ever cut class as a teenager?

The first time I cut class I was in 8th grade, we had just returned to school from a band thing and I didnt want to go to class so I just disappeared into the library ... I felt so guilty I turned myself in to the school counselor.

The next time was the end of 9th grade and I was hanging out with some Jr. boys (from band) and they talked me into cutting class with them, I was so FREAKED OUT, I though my mom would drive down the street and see me. By my Sr. year, I was a PRO! but that honestly is the only "bad" thing I did in high school, I didnt drink, smoke,party, do drugs (Cocaine was rampant at my affluent Southern California High School) have sex etc. There was just something about cutting class!

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• A couple times. Not on a regular basis though. I remember just leaving to go home and sleep once and my dad coming home early so I told him it was a half day. :) It was....for me.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 7:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I think in my last year of high school, I skipped my German class more often than I actually attended it, heh. I hated the class, I hated the teacher, just...ugh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• my freshmen year I had perfect attendance, then my sophmore year I failed my math class because it was after lunch and I never seemed to make it back to school.. So ya I cut class haha I cut intermittently throughout my junior and senior year also..

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• By the time I was a senior people thought I didnt even go to that school anymore! I was terrible and if I could go back and change anything in my life it would be those 4 years....I ended up dropping out in the middle of my senior year and it was 4 more years before I got my GED....just a waste I swear....I pray every night that my daughter doesnt end up taking the same path I did....Yeah I've got my shit together NOW but I could have been SO much better off.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I deffinately cut class. I did it mainly my junior year. I got too stressed with a couple classes so I skipped them a couple times. I didn't skip a ton. Just here and there throughout the year.
    tnvplus2

Answer by tnvplus2 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I was a professional class cutter lol. I changed my phone number in the office with the help of a friend to someone elses so my mom was never notified of anything. I had access to my moms type writer with letter head and pre made letters for the office so I could get out without an issue. I was always "excused" for my tardies, early exits & absences LOL

Answer by gemgem at 7:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I cut class for first time in HS and kept doing it all freshman year and part of sophmore yr. Tho I never graduated because I got dropped out. wish I hadt done that
    vania_jmz

Answer by vania_jmz at 7:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I only ever snuck out one time. My senior year my boyfriend from another school snuck in and tried to talk me into skipping. i said no and then my (cough cough) best friend decided to go with him. I knew her rep and so against everything I believed in I went too. The dumb nut took us to his high school and we snuck in and got busted. When I graduated and got married to him, i found out 10 1/2 yrs later that they had an affair off and on for all those years. I sent him packing and now he has a macho chick. lol She had the nerve to try to stay friends with me. duh....
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 7:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I skipped so much my sophomore year that I failed every class the 1st semester. I got back on track after that. Still skipped a couple times but not much. Unfortunately, I still had to pay for all the skipping. I had to go to school all day long, and at night, my senior year just to graduate with my friends.

It's funny, I asked my son just a couple of weeks ago if he ever did. (He graduated last June) He said that he never did. I was suprised but I know he would have told me if he had......
    knappkin

Answer by knappkin at 7:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Yes I did. I lived on a farm. It usually took 2 days to cut all the grass even with my brothers and I cutting grass. One of us were always on the tractor with a bush hog, other on a push mower, and another on the Snapper riding mower. It still took 2 days. I have cut acres and acres of grass. My sons cut grass as long as they lived at home. I told them I have done my time!!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011