How Would You Go About Opening Your Own Daycare?

Hello I Would Love To Open A Daycare.. I Have Worked In Daycares Several To Be Exact.. I Love Children.. I Have One Of My Own.. He Is 10 Months old.. He will Be A Yr Old On May 7th! I Am A Stay At Home Mom And Wife.. And Sometimes Would Like To Work But Dont Want To Leave My Lil Man At A Daycare.. But Then If I Opened One.. He Would Be In My Care And I Wouldnt Worry So much.. I Mean I Would Still Worry About Him And The Other Children But I Know They Would Be In Good Hands.!! So Let Me Know What You All Think Just Looking For Tips! Would Appreciate It!

TRENTONSMOM336

Asked by TRENTONSMOM336 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• I run my own daycare/cjildcare out of my home. I've been doing it for almost 2 years now. The rules, regulations, requirements, and other things like that depend on what state you live in. Here in Oregon I can have up to 3 children besides my own. I use craigslist and post an ad in childcare and I also have a website through vistarprint that I pay $4.99 a month (found out you can have a free one through webs.com). If you would like you can take a look at my website for some helpful ideas. It is www.brittsbabysitting.vpweb.com. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 7:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I'd contact my local child care resource and referral agency and find out what the rules and regulations are in my state as well as what kind of support they can offer me.

Find your local CCR&R at http://www.childcareaware.org/

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Do you have a Smart Start Center in your area? If so, I would contact them and maybe they could set you on the right track.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I live in Ohio and in my county you can go to the local jab & family service office to get all the paperwork to be licenced. They do background checks and home inspections as well.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011