What's the most difficult situation you've had with your ex?

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 7:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well, it could have been the time I caught him cheating on me in our own home, in our living room with
    a member of our family......or, after we got divorced from the cheating situations and he tried to take my
    daughter away from me. Yeah, definitely when he tried to take my daughter. We had a lot of court, lawyers,
    mediation, home visits...etc. Made me feel like the worst mom in the world, but of course they have to do
    what's best for the children. Obviously, I kept custody, but whenever I think of that pig taking ME to court
    after what HE did, makes me sick.
    JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 12:45 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• none really, I think the hardest was when we broke up and I was 3 months pregnant. He didn't want anything to do with the child and I knew i was keeping the baby. That was 14 years ago and for the first year of our sons life we didn't talk much. After that we became friends and now we talk every couple of months. I am married and have a great life, he is a part of it and we have a great friendship.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• The divorce and child custody battle, which took 7 years.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• He called CPS on me trying to get our daughter taken away so he wouldn't have to pay child support. He'd accused me of being a meth addict and going into hiding with our DD. A week earlier he agreed to sole legal and physical custody.

Luckily, CPS never even opened a case. But that was on the verge of a serious problem had they actually believed him and taken her away. I want to eventually work in the DHS field and that would have 1. taken my daughter away, even if just temporarily and 2. blocked me from fulfilling my dream.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Divorce. He was a whiny baby about the whole thing begging for another chance.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• He beat me for 3 years, Since he wouldn't let me work or fiinish school I am broke... Now we have the court proceedings... it sucks...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My ex has done alot of F-ed up things to me and our son. The worst by far was when our son disclosed sexual abuse by dads live in and cos got involved when our son told his teacher. Of course they investigated both of us. I was cleared right away and he wasnt allowed to visit. His lawyer & mine made the agreement to drop all custody issues & do whatever cps said. CPS dropped the ball in a HUGE way and closed the case. He didnt drop his motion and he won custody of our son since CPS closed the case. My son cried & still begs to come home and he wont let him. This year I was supposed to get him back, and now ex is refusing once again to carry on with our agreement. So once again, back to court we go. Its been almost 10 yrs, and I have been in court 22 times every time he filed.

Answer by gemgem at 7:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• he was abusive to me physically and verbally he was terrifying to me. I tried for years to leave him but he would not let mehe threatened me he would stash drugs in my car and call cops on me and have me arrested-easily believd he had them close to him because he worked for the cable cmpant and he hooked up most of the departmen with illegale cable. One night he actually locked me out of the house with my baby inside called the cops and the cops made me leave they told me I could be arrested and I wasnt even doing anything. I finally got a lawyer thanks to my grandparents and filed for divorce. He refused to leave the house after being served and threw the papers out. He asulted me again this time I finally had him arrested. I haD A order of protection but he still would not stay away he stalked me night and dayhe got arrested again it took a couple years and he disapeared from our live-mine and my son. We are much bett
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My first daughter's father tried to kill me when I left him. I luckily have never seen him since the day I left and I never will. I don't care if women say that the child needs their father, my child has my husband who's 100000 times the dad that douche would ever have been.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My ex started dating the babysitter before we were divorced. He wanted to rub it in my face, like she was some kind of wonderful prize for having him.
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2011