Help??

my boyfriend says i need to change how im raising my son but he lets his kids get away with everything especially when they come back from their moms and its starting to affect me my stress level gets really high and i cant say anything about his kids because it ends up in a fight . just wish there was a way to talk to him about because im about to fall apart. any advise?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• can't really help you much, but you probably shouldn't be with him if you're in that type of situation. unless he decides to change, it won't get any better.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My advise...you don't want to spend years fighting over your children; the relationship will have nothing but problems. I was single for 20 years because I simply didn't want to deal with what you are. Get out, make a life for you and your child, and date when you have time. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Why should it matter to him how YOU raise YOUR son not his son. It is ultimately your decision how you want to raise your child and not even your boyfriend should make those decisions for you. Now I'm not saying he can't give advice or opinions but you should let him dictate what you do and don't do. GL momma.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 7:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• can only say good luck , there is not much can do
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Politely tell him to parent his children in the manner which he chooses and allow you to do the same. I hope this guy isn't controlling because he kind of sounds like it. Good luck.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't be with someone who told me how to raise my kids...and he gets made when you tell him things about his? You should both be able to openly communicate, and make SUGGESTIONS. I would never tell anyone, boyfriend, friend, or otherwise, how to raise their kids; that's not my place. But, it is up to you to raise your son how you want too. He needs to understand that he is not your son's father or your husband, and really has no say in how you parent. If it makes it easier, tell him the same goes for you.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Do you really want to raise your child with this kind of man? Sure being a single mother isn't easy but is it more important for you to have the easy road or for your child to not be abused ??
    Anonymous

• Sorry, I'd tell him to kiss my A__ and I'd be moving on. I raised three on my own and it was easier than dealing with a Know - It - All jerk guy who didn't know how to parent himself.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Some couples counseling may help, especially in blending your two families. If you're all going to live together, at least part-time, you both need to be on the same page. The issue of ones children and how they are raised will NEVER go away, only get worse and make the gap between you wider as time goes on. Counseling is a start, and it can help immensely.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• ive tried to be calm and all we are expecting that is another reason i do not want to leave i raised my son by myself already dont know if i could raise 2
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2011