Would you stay at a hotel that's 35 minutes from the beach if it was $150 cheaper a night?

Looking at some hotels and the rooms on the beach are around $200/night but there is a hotel 35min. from the beach that is LESS Than that for the ENTIRE (three night) stay. Which would you do-stay near the beach or stay 35min. away and save $ that can then be used for dining, etc?(this is a couple trip-no kids going-so that isnt a factor)

NCmommie421

Asked by NCmommie421 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Travel

• for sure
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Heck yes i would! Have fun on your trip.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Is it 35 min walking or driving?
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• yes.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Hell yea I would. In todays economy the 150 you save could SOO be spent on the vacation and fun things to do, not on just a place to sleep. You WANT TO be AWAY from being right on the beach. Its spring break and the beach hotel will do NOTHING about the loud, drunk spring breakers.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• sure would! You can then have some extra money for other fun things!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• HECK YES I WOULD! Without a doubt.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Find out the cost of parking for the public beach access if you are going to a NC beach in the "peak" season. I know that some of the beaches are putting parking fees in the public parking areas.

But otherwise - since the beach isn't my favorite - I'd go cheaper hotel and drive to the shore to visit.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would not stay 35 minutes from the beach just to save money. I mean with gas prices the way they are would it really be a savings anyway. Also, how long would you really be sitting in traffic making the ride maybe even longer than 35 minutes. I guess I would have to look at everything and see if it would really be cheaper.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Depends on how much time I would actually spend at the beach. Gas isn't cheap to drive back and forth. As far as the price, it's a deal. No doubt.
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011