Of all the different religions you've researched, how many have resonated with you?

Meaning, of all the ones you've read about, is there more than one or two that piqued your interest enough that you considered practicing it?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Although I consider myself a Christian, Buddhism and Judaism have always held my interest. I have purchased books and read up on it.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I'm Christian Baptist but there is something about Catholicism that speaks to me...I'm not even sure why....I have several rosaries (My grandma and grandpa used to be Catholic and they would give me one for every birthday) and sometimes when I'm feeling really blue or like I need a stronger connection to God I will sometimes say the rosary...it makes me feel better.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• None of them have. I call or label myself a Christian/Other, because I dont belong to a church. I refuse to join any because ALL of them have a stack of application forms and they are ALL about your financial disclosures. Thats NOT about God. Thats about how much $$ they can get from me. And the new ones? please!! how can any of these WACKED OUT "religions" be getting tax exemption status?? There are some truely STRANGE "new religions" out there today.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Buddhism/Hinduism/New Age/non-denominational Christian.

Some of those I do apply to my spiritual life but not in their complete form.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Buddhism, and several pagan flavors... Obviously none so much though that I could actually apply it to my life, though in theory they make beautifully perfect sense to those who believe in a higher power/force of the universe/spiritual being/afterlife/etc.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I've never considered myself being anything but Pagan. But the beauty of that is I'm not tied to any set beliefs. I have studied and researched many religious paths - Christian, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Wicca, Voodoo, Jehovah's Witness and many Ancient belief systems such as Egyptian, Greco-Roman, Mayan (what is known of it), Chinese, Native American (a few different tribes) and some that are slipping my mind... And I believe they are right and yet all imperfect, so the more I learn the more I find truth in each and my beliefs are affected accordingly.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I've always been a Pagan. I've researched quite a bit, but it's really the only one that feels right at all for me. I've researched what Sabrina has, minus Mayan, maybe a couple more.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• The three I relate to the most, and consider 'my path' are Naturalistic Pantheism, Buddhism, and (most recently) Taoism. I think I would fit in with Unitarian Universalism too. I practiced Wicca for several years and was a Presbyterian as child, but have always been a Pantheist and saw God or gods as metaphor. I still accept some teachings and beliefs from each of these paths, but not all.

Other beliefs that appeal to me in some way, but maybe I don't fit exactly due to pantheistic beliefs (not believing in personal gods) and/or not being sure that I believe in a permanent soul (and maybe a few other reasons for some): Liberal Christianity, Hinduism, Wicca and some other neo-pagan religions, various Native American religions, Gnosticism, Ba'hai Faith (one of the nicest people I've ever met was Ba'hai), some paths in the New Thought Movement (e.g. Unity Church), and even philosophies like Humanism or positive atheism.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• That should be *Baha'i

I always mistype that one for some reason.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• "Buddhism, and several pagan flavors... "

This^
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011