Is it wrong to take my 6 month old to day care four times a month?

I do not have a baby sitter and I will be starting school next month, which would actually make my baby 7 months old. Anyway one day a week that I go to school I have no one to watch her. I was wondering about day care, she is so young. I worry that they will be mean to my baby because she gets fussy or something. I admit I watch to much news and have seen care takers abuse young children. I am so worried. I need advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is nothing wrong with that. Some mom's have to put their babies in daycare at 6 weeks old after maternity leave is over.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 8:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If you want my personal opinion, I would never put my child in daycare because I am just that paranoid. However, for some people, they have no other options and there are GOOD daycares out there...I'm not saying all daycares are bad. But I'm physco mom I guess. Lol no I don't think its bad. I'd make sure its your only option first though.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Do what you need to do do educate yourself so you can have a better life. Good luck finding a good daycare that will take you part time. The ones around here will only do 5 day commitments. They are soo in need today and a 5 days a week kids pays ALLOT more to them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You've gotta do what you've gotta do. Just make sure to throughly inspect the daycare that you choose. If you're able to pay for it, some daycares have cameras that you can watch on thri website, with secure login's.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would maybe ask a close friend to watch for that little bit of time. I agree that you may have a hard time getting daycare who wants someone only paying a very minimal amount per week.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Do your homework on the daycare. My DD started going full time when she was only 4 months old. The caregivers were really wonderful and nurturing.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It's sad that you should need to ask this question. There are plenty of wonderful, loving providers out there. You shouldn't have to justify daycare.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No....those are your protective mother instincts. You are educating yourself and that is good, besides you may enjoy the time for yourself. Remember daycare has other adults around. I am not sure if they watch for only one day a week though but they might. If not, check out a church. See if your school has a daycare there. I used to sometimes take my son to daycare on my day off of work so I could take a nap...(I used to feel guilty about that) Do not feel bad.
    Anonymous

• If you have to use daycare to attend school, then consult the school to see which daycare they recomment. Often state universities/colleges have child care attached to them, so it's super convenient for parent-students.

AND you can always take your baby to class with you, just inform the professor ahead of time of your special situation, and sit by the door so you can step outside if your baby becomes a distraction to the rest of the class. It's not ideal for your classmates, but it is an option.

Do what you have to do!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011