How long should we wait to start trying again?

So my husband and I have a two beautiful girls, a 3 year old and a 3 month old. He wants a third one to try for his boy lol. I was thinking we would wait at least a year but he says he wouldn't mind if I was pregnant again already. I just got the mirena IUD in again in January. I was wondering other moms views and opinions on how long we should wait to try for the next and probably last baby?

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 8:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would at least give yourself a year. Let you body heal and give yourself a break :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My doctor recommended 18 months to me, and mine have never been less than 2 years apart, but I'm pregnant now with our 3rd, and LP told me he wanted one more. I feel like I'm getting too old for this, and if we are going to have another baby, I want it to be pretty much right away.

With you having an IUD, I don't know how eager I would be to go in and have them in and out.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I think you should do what's right for you, but I'd wait at least a year
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Personally, that's a bit much for me. I'd wait, but really, it's up to you.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I had my first three kids in 2 years and 7 months and it was tough. Having that third child is a big adjustment, much more so than going from one to two, so keep that in mind when you are deciding. You and your husband will be out numbered with three kids, which is probably the hardest part.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2011