Small towns and wreckless drinking.....has anyone else experienced this?

I can't believe what I see. The small towns surrounding where my husband grew up have been busted for underagers all the time. I have seen kids not more than 18 sitting at the bar drunk. I played at a bar one night, and saw a drunk 12 year old!! No joke! He could hardly keep his eye open or sit up straight. I watched him pour himself a beer while the adults continued drinking and talking. Another time there were a bunch of teeny boppers drunk and dancing at the bar. I just can't believe no one cares.

The small town bar my FIL goes to is terrible. He was so drunk he pissed himself and they propped him back up and fed him another drink. He fell down the stairs that night and broke his back, and has bleeding in his brain. Now they are delivering him a huge jug of booze every day to his house and he doesn't remember. His liver is failing and he's not all there. We've asked them to at least bring him food, or slow it down a little. They have done neither.It's just sad that they would take that kind of money. We are the ones taking care of him right now. The state says he's not their problem, so he's ours. And we deal with the aftermath.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• We have only 1 bar in our small town and since I dont drink I dont hang there, I can't guarantee there is no underage drinking in the bar but if it were THAT prevalent we would all know, there isnt too many secrets around here LOL
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I'm from a small town. That's how it is, you are either a good kid who stays inside and studies, or you are a "normal" kids who parties. It's because there isn't much else to do. There's no bowling alleys or malls to hang out in, unless you parents would drive you. And with small towns there are only a handful of people your age, you hang out with the older crowd.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 15, 2011