What are the best bottles to use?

Asked by Firsttimemom252 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I like playtex ventaire. They help keep the air out of baby's belly. My son has acid reflux (spit up problems) and these have helped. They are a little more expensive, but they're the only ones I use.

Answer by beccapaoli at 11:35 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• First I tried the soothie botttles, but my son starting getting terrible gas. So I switched to the Avent bottles and it seemed to help with his gas.

Answer by gavinsma07 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We use EvenFlo or Playtex (Ventaire). We like the drop-in's my daughter has never REALLY had a problem with gas, but it drops that amount by like 50%. Plus if you buy the plastic drop-in's that have a built in stroger plastic ring on the top, they're re-usable as long as you wash them well. Most other kinds of drop-in's don't have a good seal and they aren't re-useable

Answer by Jennie_Bean at 11:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We love Dr. Brown's. Playtex dropins were good when he was a newborn. I liked them for breastmilk. We switched to Dr. Brown's exclusivly when he was around 4 months.

Answer by mfinnell at 11:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• we use dr. browns and they are great except they are a pain to clean...too many pieces!

Answer by mama2gracee at 11:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Honestly, the best bottles are whichever your baby likes.
    We probably tried 6 different brands and ended up using the Playtex Drop-in bottles.

When picking, look for bottles made from plastic that is NOT crystal clear if you are concerned about the plasitc problems that have been in the news lately.
    Then look for bottles that are easy to clean and that don't have small parts you will lose - unless you don't mind the extra time and care needed.
    Then pick one that you can afford.
    Only buy one or two to try them out. If your baby hates them, you haven't spent too much money.

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I use the Soothie bottles. She loves her Soothie paci so we just started using the bottles. They seem to keep her nice and happy and actually help with calming her down when she is hungry.

Answer by HeatherTurner at 12:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Dr browwn for sure

Answer by LydiasMommy2199 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I like the Avent as well. Helps with gas and easy to clean. The Playtex disposables are great also when you are out and want an easy clean- up!

Answer by jojomomuv at 7:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I started off with Dr.browns b/c I was so afraid of colic, then we went to the ventair, the to soothie..... now we use the drop-ins. they are so much easier and they do the saem job as anyother when keeping the air out.

Answer by colorsofgrey at 5:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2008