Loves reading to my son

my son is 20 months old and will not sit down and watch tv or a movie but loves to read and play sometimes i think im wrong for not pushing him to sit down to watch and relax but he's been like that since day 1 we will either sing our song together or read before bed is it wrong to keep doing this and not pushing for the movie/tv issue?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no, reading is wonderful, so much better then watching a movie and gives you 2 that time together.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Heck no...that's awesome that he loves to read. My kiddos looove to read, i guess they get it from their dad.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 8:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I think it'sgreat that your son loves being read to, and enjoys music. He is only 20 months old, so his busy behavior is not such a big deal, but soon, you are going to have to be teaching him to sit....to listen to music or to watch a movie, not necessarily TV. If he never learned to watch TV, it wouldn't hurt him. Does he sleep all night, laying quietly or does he move in his sleep a lot too? If the routine is one that he likes and it works, then do what's right for him. But remember, SOON you will need to work on sitting for short periods of time for pre-school and school. Good luck to you.
    GiGito1SoFar

Answer by GiGito1SoFar at 10:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• heck no dont push the tv issue. when he wants he will. my son was like that too. and recently hes been into the tv. and hes learned alot from the tv. we sing and dance together. count together with elmo. lol
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 6:28 AM on Mar. 15, 2011