Can I go to the tanning bed while nursing?

my mom always said she was afraid it would "sour my milk" or something..but is that really true?

robinclements86

Asked by robinclements86 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Why not skip it and lower your skin cancer risk?
    It doesn't harm your milk,but it does harm your skin

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i know i shouldn't go but i love it and only go durin summer a few days a wk. i may not go since i have gone this long w/out going. but just was gonna ask in case I do go
    robinclements86

Comment by robinclements86 (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• a few days a wk??? I wouldn't do it a few days a year.... nursing our not!! What does your Doc say??

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Try a spray tan.
    nonni2

Answer by nonni2 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• a few days a wk is good. i used to go year round every day except for sunday! i didn't ask the dr cuz u know all drs will say dont tan cuz of skin cancer. i tanned w/my first but not until he was a year old and i only nursed a couple tims a day. i know it is bad, but at least i quit smoking !
    robinclements86

Comment by robinclements86 (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I think people shuld think wicw about tanning at all! I tan n the real sun OCASSIONALLY, but skin caner is real and really not worth it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• do you know that you have a 75% chance of skin cancer. It all over the TV here in Mo. I would not tan while breastfeeding. You don't know what it will do long term. If fact I wouldn't tan at all in a tanning bed.
    Parka54

Answer by Parka54 at 3:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2011