Still havent been able to become pregnant

its been 5 or 6 months now and still havent been able to become pregnant. has anyone been in this situation but became pregnant soon after. any advice

lamartre06

Asked by lamartre06 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you talked to your Doc yet?? If you have been calculating your ovulation and trying at the right times it may be worth a check-up with your doc. Definitely if you reach the year mark you need to see your doc about it!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I know it SEEMS like a long time to you, but 5 or 6 months is not that long...try fertilityfriend.com and track your cycles..it will tell you when you are most fertile.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Takes a healthy couple, with no fertility problems, up to a year and a half. If it's been a year or longer talk to a fertility doc.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Takes an AVERAGE of 100 "tries" before becoming pregnant. Some women get pregnant on the first "try," so that takes someone else up to 200 "tries" before they're able to conceive... Don't stress about it, or it'll take even longer! Give it at least a year before consulting a specialist...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I know it's frusterating but stay with it, track your cycles, try an OPK ( ovulation predictor kit). I agree that I would wait a year before seeing a specialst. It's a hard wait but it's worth it. I tried for 3 years before getting pregnant with my ds.
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 12:47 AM on Mar. 15, 2011