Anyone else been in labor for 48hrs or more?

I have contractions 1 every min and a half apart for a min long each. BUT I'm not dilating.... I am at 2cm. I'm becoming very annoyed. The hospital keeps sending me home saying I have to wait until I'm dilating more.... Ok, Ive always heard once your having regular contractions less then 5mins apart then you need to be at the hospital. My baby is exhausted and not moving around much, and I am exhaust and becoming more and more annoyed. I am 38weeks and 5days. Anyone ever heard of such? I've tried EVERYTHING to make me dilate more, nothing is working and I am so tired. :(

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes...and don't effin budge from that hospital. I was in labor 50 hours...the checked me at 10pm (50 hours into my labor) and I was still at 1 - 2 cm, then at 10:20 I called them back to tell them I felt like I was pooping and couldn't stop myself and I was completely dilated and 2+ station. Virtually all of my progress was made in 20 mins and I would have been having a baby in a moving damn vehicle if they tried to send me home!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• do you call your doctor before you go to the hospital? I know they will keep you if your a 4 but if your contractions are so close and they show on the monitor then they should keep you. Call your doctor and let them know your going again and they need to come to. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 8:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Yep, I was in labor for about 68 hours. Until the last 4 hours or so, I was dilating about 1cm every 12 hours. It wasn't fun at all.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Yeah, almost 8 days with my 3rd. Stress made it so prolonged, chill out, the baby will come.

The shortest of my labors (and the easiest) was my first, which was 36 hours.

You'll progress faster if you stay out of the hospital, you know as well as I do that they just can't wait to diagnose "failure" to progress and start cutting.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I have 12 doctors. 1 is always at the hospital. They are the ones sending me home. Yes, they are showing on the monitors. I'm at home right now... pain level is about the same as it was when I left, maybe a little stronger. Not much. They wont do an ultrasound though to see if something is wrong... its pissing me off. My aunt had a 10lbs baby and wouldn't dilate past 2cm. They had to do a C-section because he was SO big. They don't seem worried about that at all!
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• That would be a elective c section and they can't do it until your 39 weeks along. A big baby is not a reason for a c section. Walk as much as you can't and don't go into the hospital until you HAVE to.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• And they can't dignose a big baby w/ an ultrasound they aren't accurate.
    matthewscandi

• It's not entirely uncommon to be in early labor for a day or two -- sometimes longer. If you are in INTENSE labor, however, it's definitely time to look at the factors of your labor: are you progressing as you should? Is the baby in any distress? Stay up and walking or at least sitting up (or on all fours) for as long as you possibly can. It helps labor progress much more effectively than laying flat on a bed. If you've been in hard labor for more than 10 hours, it is definitely time to discuss options with your doctor. The goal is a healthy baby, and that is all that matters at this time.
    SnowLepp

Answer by SnowLepp at 9:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• maybe try resting? I know, easier said then done
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Sounds like prodromal labor. Frustrating, but normal. No reason for your doctors to admit you to the hospital. http://www.ehow.com/how_4817867_handle-prodromal-labor.html

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2011