How long did you wait to go shopping after having a baby?

I had my baby three weeks ago through a C-section, so my belly is still swollen, but I am dying to go shopping.

skymcr

Asked by skymcr at 8:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Shopping

• I've had two c-sections, with my last one we had to stop at Target on the way home from the hospital when she was 3 days old. Walking will help your recovery....go for it
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I had my dd by c-section also. My OB actually recommended it to me. Well thre walking part. I wore a "tummy support" brlt that looks like a backwards back brace. It helped alot when I was prego. She rode sooooo low! Ihad problems moving when I was only 7 months. I wore that when I went shopping. Just take it REALLY slow., If u start having alot of pain or discomfort stop and rest. I made thr mistake of not doing that abnd I paid thr price cause on of the staples came out and I got an infection.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If u can get something to keep your tummy "tucked" it will go along way in making it better. I felt like all my insides were gonna fall out when I went walking!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My Husband and I took Our Son shopping when He was 3 days old..it was a quick trip, but even if it wasn't, it wouldn't have been a big deal. We were already out (went to my old job to visit my Son's Uncle Steve, he is a good friend of Ours), so..yeah.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Thanks ladies. I do wear a "tummy support", I also felt like my insides were loose. :) I am planning on going tomorrow. Maybe I'l buy myself something nice for me and something for my daughters.
    skymcr

Comment by skymcr (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• as soon as I can
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• The day we came home from the hospital.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I think with my first c-section I went out at 2 weeks? I am not sure exactly. And with my 2nd, i dont remember lol
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• In some cultures the mother does not leave the house for three months after the birth of a baby. Are you doing the exercises you were shown? Are you keeping fit? Are you eating correctly? Take the baby for a walk in the pram. Build up your stamina by increasing the distance each day. You need to fight these irrational ideas in your mind. You are a mother now and you can no longer go shopping just for the heck of it. Plan for the child's education fund.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2011