Bed transition...HELP!

My 19 month old son has been sleeping with me since he was 6 months old. Long story short, he got very sick so I let him sleep with me for 2 weeks and he never wanted to go back. It hasn't been a problem until recently. He climbs all over me, kicks me, pushes me, has to be touching me at all times basically. I've decided that enough is enough and its time to put him in his own bed. I've been thinking about removing the drop-down rail of his crib completely, making it a toddler bed. I found a nice rail to keep him from being able to fall out of the bed, but still making it possible for him to get out if he wants. My question is, do you think he's too young to be in a toddler bed? We've tried putting him in the crib and it hasn't worked. It is too far of a reach for us to lay him down to the bottom and he wakes up screaming to get out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm having the same issue sorta.. my son is 4.. he is special needs and stops breathing when he sleeps so I just kinda let him sleep in my arms at first then moved him into a bed of his own in my room.. but now I am pregnant and expecting soon so we picked out a bed for him his choice, then we talked about why he needs his own space and um kinda promised him a toy if all went well.. so he is now for the first night sleeping in his own room. I don't think of it as a bribe but a reward for good behavior.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 9:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2011