Would you support a total ban on peanut products in the United States?

considering the amount of kids with deadly allergies is growing by the day, and the amount of schools going peanut free to accommodate the kids with allergies, is it just a matter of time before we cannot acquire peanut butter to eat in our own homes? What about it the office/workplace? Should a restaurant be forced to stop serving peanut butter pie if it employs someone with a peanut allergy? Does the restaurant have an option as to deny employment based on an allergy?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope. There are people with allergies to just about everything you can imagine. Should someone with hay fever get to sue a farm to get rid of its vegetation so they can work as a farmhand?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• THEN it would be war.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• They cannot take it from our homes, but its only fair to have a "peanut free" public environment. I know if my kids were allergic to peanuts I would really appreciate those who kept it away from them. Its not their fault they have an allergy...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I am going with no all the way around. Precautions, etc. but a perma ban on peanut products would be like pot...
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• onsidering the amount of kids with deadly allergies is growing by the day, and the amount of schools going peanut free to accommodate the kids with allergies, is it just a matter of time before we cannot acquire peanut butter to eat in our own homes?
    NO

What about it the office/workplace?
    NO

Should a restaurant be forced to stop serving peanut butter pie if it employs someone with a peanut allergy?
    NO

Does the restaurant have an option as to deny employment based on an allergy?
    If company uses allergen and If the allergies interferes with one's ability to do a job, YES.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Hell no! DH LOVES PB, im allergic.. but i just leave the room when he eats it and he makes sure to wash everything peanut buttery
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 9:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Doesn't the law say reasonable accommodations? I think that would be the argument what is reasonable?

Telling the person they don't have to serve the pie that someone will do it for them is reasonable.

Telling a business that they can't sell what they have been to employ someone not reasonable IMO.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• NO! What kind of "freedom" is that?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• nope!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I'd rather us explore the cause of the increase and if we can find a solution.

Nuts are good for you. I'd be sad to not have my reeces
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 9:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2011