Do you give your child(ren) soda?

If so, what kind? (Like, only clear as in sprite?)
And when? Only at lunch? dinner? special occasions? when you're drinking it?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Yes. We don't see any reason to deny our children anything... We are an all things in moderation kind of family.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• On occasion yes. Everything is fine in moderation.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Sure. I dont give them their own, but they'll have drinks of mine when I have a bottle or can around. Like a couple other mom's said, moderation.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• my 3 year old ds gets it whenever he sees me drinking it, which i am staring to only drink it when he's sleeping. its always watered down and he doesnt get it very often because his teeth arnt capped and i want him to drink healther things while i still have total control over what he gets. when he is older and can make his own choices he will probably get it more often but it wont be a "forbidden" item. if it is, he is more likely to overindulge in it.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• we have pizza night like once a month and they get a kid sized glass of sierra mist natural or the faygo made with pure cane sugar.

When they visit grandparents im sure they get it but thats just grandparent rights and happens seldom
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 9:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Not usually. My 11 and 13 yo's don't like it, won't drink it. My 9 yo daughter will have it when we eat out, which is rare. My 2 yo has never had it.

Answer by missanc at 9:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Special occasions. And I keep ginger ale around for stomachaches.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• When we go out to eat they are allowed to order a soda but they only get water as a refill. They can have anything except Mountain Dew. Our doctor told us the clear ones were the worst for their teeth. We started with Root Beer when they were little.

At home it is a very, very rare treat even though me and my husband drink it all the time. They don't seem to care as long as they can have it when we go out.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't drink it....regular or diet, when I drank diet my son tried it once and freaked out from the bubbles, so he won't touch it. It's either empty calories and a horrible amount of sugar you kids don't need.....or the diet soda is adding artificial sweeteners which can actualy PROMOTE obesity just as much if not more so. Stick with water, milk and plain ice tea.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't but my husband does :-/ I hate it. The crap is so bad for anyone, especially little bodies. I wont even buy it so they really only get it at restaurants, which is rare, but still.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2011