Breastfeeding and the Tanners

What's the deal with going to the tanners (tanning salon) while you're breastfeeding? Is it a big no-no? Anyone do it?

FrunchyMama

Asked by FrunchyMama at 1:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would nt bother going to those places breast feeding or not i think they age your skin and make you look like dried up prunes , i go for the safer option fake tan , I use a good one from avon , and I exfoliate and then lightly towel dry myself then apply ,I havent any streaks and it looks natural . my friend was amazed when I told her the other day ,she thought I still had my holiday tan ,arrh bless her . So OUT with the tanning shops and in with the cream .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 2:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i don't understanding tanning, period but it's perfectly safe to tan and breastfeed.
    http://www.kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/mom-activities.html#Tanning
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:02 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I also bought some tanning cream. So much safer. I don't want to look like leather by the time I am 40.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:02 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• The beds are just as safe while nursing as they are while not nursing...which is to say not very safe at all unless it is one of the newer ones that is a bit safer. :)
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 24, 2008