How to get an adult child with granchild out of your house?

Lavendi

Asked by Lavendi at 9:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• tell them to leave
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• talk to them about it. Do they have the means to move out? Have a job make enough money?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No
    Lavendi

Comment by Lavendi (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• no, so he or she doesnt work and doesnt have any money to move out. then its hard. Help them find a job. Look in the paper ask around. Make them look themselves and apply. Otehr that taht I dont know how they could move out, with no money and no job.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would tell her about low income housing and have her apply for it since regular housing might cost to much
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 9:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Also you can apply for it in the smaller towns...every town has it even my town of 600 has it. the smaller the town the shorter the list
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 9:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You have to evict them just like a tenent. Written 30 day notice. Personally I would give them 60 days to have a job and be out. Beleive me I know how hard that is.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Sit down with her and set up a plan for her to move out. Set a time limit for her to get a job, child care, housing, etc. I would say start with 6 months....time to find a job, save money to move out and find a place. Reevaluate at the 6 month mark. I wouldn't just kick her out though. While she is looking for a job, she needs to be doing chores..cooking and cleaning.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Instead of having that happen with my daughter and her two children, my husband and I donated $800.00. That allowed them first month's rent with a down payment. Then after that, I told her she was on her own. That gave her a month to find a job. She did it and she's been supporting herself and her kids every since.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• if i had the spaces i would let live with me yes i know it is hard but my kids have help me out i could never ask them to leave unless they can afford it since they are helping out what they can
    you need to see it how hard it is for them yes they would love their own space but now understand what they are going through
    never having enough money with a child must be hard most places will not take small childeren so gramma light up bit if you make it hard on them they will leave in anger you won't see your grandbaby
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:01 AM on Mar. 15, 2011