Does your teen ever bring home friends and they don't come around to say hi

my daughter will bring in friends and never have them go beyond the kitchen, like it would just kill her to to come into the living room and say "hi" and inform me that her friend is here as well

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 9:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• It seems like normal teen behavor
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• no. but that is extremely rude and it would not fly with me.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Sounds normal to me. My mom always made fun of my friends even though they were genuinly good people. Maybe you make your daughter uncomfortable?
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I am nice and get along with these friends but maybe that is just the thing, I'm supposed to just mind my own and not get along with other peoples friends
    alotleft2do

Comment by alotleft2do (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• That's rude and wouldn't fly in my house.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My daughter's friends have better manners than that.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• and if you walked into the room where they were and said hi... what would happen then?

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It never happened in my home. There was 1 way in the house...through the front door & there was 1 room that the kids hung out in...the living room. It just so happened that we did as well so our teens friends had to interact with us. Our rule was that bedrooms were for sleeping so they didn't have a space to go hide in. Honestly...now that my sons are all adults some their female friends they had from school (who are now in their 20's) are actually now MY friends and are a combo of my daughters/my friends. My 44th bday is in 2 days and 2 of the girls (now 23 and 25) who were friends with my sons are spending the day with me to celebrate my bday.
    Anonymous