Does Waxing hurt?

Does waxing your lady parts hurt? never had it done before but Im scared to try!

lil_shannie

Asked by lil_shannie at 9:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I go to the salon every 6 weeks or so for a brazilian. It stings a little, but to me it's much easier than shaving every day! And the lady I go to is really good at what she does.

Answer by missanc at 9:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i'm sure as hell it does, yiiiiiiikkes even thinking about it, HURTS!!!!!!!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Hahaha you think it feels good? Yes, it does hurt.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I have done them for a living and I've seen people completley freak, and others don't even flinch. It really depends. It felt like a sunburn to me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• OOokey dokey....
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If you are concerned about the pain, there is lidocane spray made just for waxing that numbs you a little bit. It's not perfect, but it helps.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• it hurts but going to a place that will ice and numb you down a bit helps. That and taking some tylenol previous to the waxing and having an icepack to take down the redness and any swelling.
    dakotafriend

Answer by dakotafriend at 11:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No pain no gain,it's a stinger, a lot of it depends on what you are waxing
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 4:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• there are some pain relievers you can use topically to help numb the area so it doesn't hurt so much
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'm an esthetician and I wax... everything on my clients. If you go to someone who knows what's they're doing it's not going to be overly painful.

Waxing damages the hair folicle, so the more often you get waxed the less and less it's going to hurt. If you're overly sensitive to pain, try taking tylenol about an hour before the service. there's also topical sprays that numb your skin.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 2:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2011